Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Help the world practice speaking.
Our next goal is ambitious: We want to help the world practice speaking.
Duolingo Events are small language gatherings hosted by fluent speakers in a fun and relaxed environment. Learners practice speaking together — whether it’s explorers learning new cultures, job seekers expanding opportunities, or linguists connecting with one another. Since all events are currently online, learners can join any event from anywhere in the world.
As a Growth Marketer, you will help Duolingo Events grow our two-sided marketplace by acquiring, activating, and retaining new users through innovative growth hacking. In this way, you will immediately see the impact of your work and advance our mission of making learning accessible to everyone.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy that builds both sides of the Duolingo Events marketplace: event hosts and event attendees
- Test, measure, and iterate innovative and scalable growth channels that span across digital marketing, referrals, conversion optimization
- Establish key growth performance indicators and implement tracking systems and tools
- Collaborate with product, design, and marketing to rapidly test campaigns and scale adoption efforts
- 5+ years experience growing online marketplaces, app downloads, or other digital products
- Excellent analytical skills and a knack for deriving insights through data and metrics
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a curiosity for solving problems
- Skills in developing written copy and newsletters for customers or users
- Strong organizational, budgeting, and time-management skills
- High proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.) and Google Suite (specifically, Sheets)
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Growth hacking experience in a startup like environment
- SQL querying skills
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
At Duolingo, we believe in work-life balance and are proud to offer diverse benefits to support our team health, wealth and happiness. Check out the full list of benefit here: https://careers.duolingo.com/#benefits
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.