Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Are you a curious designer with passion for creative excellence in craft? Does collaborating with skilled creative marketing and design talent to help build the next iconic brand excite you? If so, keep reading!
This role reports to the Creative Director of Brand & Marketing as a member of the Creative Marketing team, the instrumental creative partner in all marketing projects at Duolingo. As we scale marketing design & creative teams, projects and campaigns- there’s a need to develop creative content that allows us to scale our mission to more learners and assist in creating A+ Iconic-brand creative. —At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over creativity and craft to deliver a friendly (and fun) experience for everyone at every touchpoint.
What you’ll do...
- Assist in executing design content needs for a variety of branded marketing content including seasonal campaigns, performance marketing, newsletters, social media content and systems, landing pages, and among additional partnership collateral.
- Design, experiment and test creative iterative content across performance marketing including App store optimization and systems.
- Closely collaborate with our Design Studio of illustrators, designers, and animators to bring a cohesive brand experience to the world across all marketing touchpoints with the utmost attention to craft and detail. This includes illustrative, typographic and design compositional craft, and subtle motion graphics.
- Partner with other cross functional teams such as PR, Content Studio, Product, and community teams to creatively scale out brand moments through content.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work.
What we’re looking for…
- A bachelor's degree by spring 2023.
- Ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Out of this world attention to detail and design craft.
- Learning and Internalizing brand guidelines and an ability to collaborate with various creative types and minds.
- Opportunity oriented, self-motivated, proactive and doesn't wait to be told what to do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as nimble creative and strategic thinking skills, -all with a good sense of humor
- An acute self-awareness and empathy for both potential learners and the team’s goals
- Experience designing and creating with some programs including the Adobe Suite, Figma
- A portfolio with samples of your work along with descriptions of what you contributed to the project.
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- Paid time off and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.