Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are seeking a creative and energetic Social Media Intern to help support Duolingo’s social media presence. This role will research, develop, and support creative social media campaigns and events. As a core member of our growing marketing team, you are someone who’s just as enthusiastic about creating content that engages, entertains, and inspires as you are about measuring and reporting the results of a social media campaign. Oh, and a healthy appreciation of memes and pop culture certainly doesn’t hurt.
The ideal candidate is highly creative and self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, and collaborates well with others. Does this sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do…
- Contribute to social and other marketing projects with guidance tailored to your personal growth
- Learn about social media marketing standards and strategies, and develop exciting and engaging content as a result
- Collaborate with key partners across marketing, design, product, engineering, and content studio partners to develop ideas and content
- Monitor Duolingo’s content and presence on existing channels, such as Twitter, Instagram, explore new channels and trending content that we should be tapping into
- Write and edit copy for Duolingo posts, and coordinate with our Design team on social media artwork and illustrations
- Support coordination of other projects across marketing as needed
What we’re looking for…
- A bachelor's degree by spring 2023
- Ideally a social media internship at another major brand or organization
- In-tune with social trends, even before they hit; ability to respond ASAP to trends/memes to capitalize on those opportunities
- Solid interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for engaging with our social media communities
- Ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- Paid time off and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.