Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
This role reports to the Creative Director of Brand & Marketing as a member of the Global Brand Creative Marketing team, the instrumental partner in all marketing projects at Duolingo. As we scale marketing design & creative teams, projects and campaigns- there’s a need to develop content that allows us to reach more learners through well-crafted A+ iconic-brand work. —At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over design and craft to deliver a friendly (and fun) experience for everyone at every touchpoint.
- Execute design and content needs for a variety of branded marketing content including seasonal campaigns, performance marketing, newsletters, social media and systems, splash pages, among additional partnership collateral.
- Design, experiment and test creative content across performance marketing including App store optimization and systems.
- Closely collaborate with our Design Studio of illustrators, designers and animators to bring a cohesive brand to the world across all marketing touchpoints with the utmost attention to craft and detail. This includes illustrative, typographic and design compositional craft, and some motion graphics.
- Scale the brands guidelines and content clearly, concisely, and fearlessly through existing content and pushing the barriers of where we will be next.
- Provide design feedback and guidance to production designers, internal teams as well as partner vendors, agencies on local and global marketing initiatives when needed.
- Partner with other cross functional teams such as PR, Content Studio, Product, and community teams to creatively scale out brand moments through content.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work; Give and solicit feedback and constantly strive for excellence.
- 5+ years experience as a brand designer with experience either agency, brand or both.
- Experience in creating content that can span from a social post to an integrated campaign with multiple touchpoints.
- Out of this world attention to detail and design craft.
- Experience in internalizing brand guidelines, and strategically adapting it to endless touchpoints and content. Ability to collaborate with various creative types and minds.
- Experience in working with illustrative and animated content and how best to adapt creative to integrated marketing collateral.
- Opportunity oriented, self-motivated, proactive and doesn't wait to be told what to do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as forward-thinking creative and critical thinking skills, all with a good sense of humor
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy for both potential learners and the team’s goals
- Experience in adapting creative concepts to other languages and markets.
- Proficient experience designing and crafting with a range of programs including the Adobe Design Suite, Figma, as well as After Effects is a requirement.
- A portfolio site with samples of your work along with descriptions of what you contributed to the project
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Created and executed award winning brand or marketing design work which has been recognized by industry leaders.
- Had previously published and or featured work either in esteemed publications or received press for personal projects.
- Working proficiency in more than one language, ideally Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, or Portuguese.
- A passion for education, culture, and language.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.