Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Help bring the future of testing to India!
The Duolingo English Test is a high-stakes test — Duolingo style: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. Using AI and remote proctoring, students can take the test online, on demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a creative and upbeat person to help us accelerate the Duolingo English Test growth in India. You’ll lead the B2B marketing efforts and overall business development strategy in India, work with the global team to scale our global execution plan, manage the relationships with different influencer groups including study abroad agencies, language education institutions, and school counselors. You’ll be responsible for the Duolingo English Test’s growth in one of the world’s biggest markets for overseas study. As a core member of our global organization, the ideal candidate will not only be an outstanding, self-motivated leader, but also a proactive communicator.
- Develop and manage relationships within the English language learning and English testing markets in India
- Plan and execute product awareness strategies for different influencer groups in India
- Identify and engage with external organizations that support study abroad and international education
- Identify and execute on opportunities for growth in India
- Work collaboratively with the country manager to build a strong Duolingo brand in India
- Define country-specific metrics and regularly measure and report performance and return on investment with detailed data tracking
- 5+ years of related experience in a sales/marketing/business development role
- A deep understanding of the English test market and study abroad application ecosystem in India
- Experience working with English education institutions, overseas study agencies, and international schools, or related work.
- Data-driven sales and marketing experience
- Critical thinking and quick hands-on execution
- Ability to come up with creative and resourceful solutions to solve ambiguous problems
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology
- Experience working as part of a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and influencing effectively for local market needs
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Occasional business travel within India and to our US headquarters in Pittsburgh
- Legal authorization to work in India
- Passion for Duolingo’s mission to lower barriers to education
Outstanding Candidates Will Have...
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or related field
- Previous experience working or studying in an English-speaking environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Previous startup experience
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.