As the Strategic Finance Associate you will help drive operational excellence of Duolingo's FP&A / Strategic Finance team that was formed in 2020. You will work directly with the Head of FP&A / Strategic Finance on day to day management of high profile assignments, presentations to executives and external parties, and act as the key point person for cross functional assignments. You will also have an opportunity to tackle direct ownership of special projects such as forecasting of new initiatives. Successful candidates have prior experience in deconstructing business drivers, getting into the details and communicating insights and recommendations in a concise executive level format, and can program lead complex cross functional programs. This role will report to the Head of FP&A / Strategic Finance and have significant direct interactions with the CFO and other Duolingo executive partners to the finance team.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to generate financial insights that support decision-making (e.g. strategy, partnerships, data science, emerging business units, product and content teams)
- Synthesize complex issues and detailed financial analysis into easily digestible communications for relevant stakeholders
- Board presentation, earnings call, and other stakeholder documentation
- Forecast development, track performance and understand deviations from actuals to drive strategy and operational rigor
- Lead project management of special strategic finance projects
- KPI development and management of company-communications
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- Structured thinking with a strong command of “the details,” that can be summarized into a compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. You take pride in your analytical and financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems
- Ability to create visually attractive, to the point, presentations for high profile audience in PowerPoint and / or Google Slides. Experience with Mekko Graphics is a plus.
- Experience in managing cross functional complex projects by proactively creating gantt charts, anticipating roadblocks and proposing recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years relevant work experience in top tier consulting firm or related industries; and
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Experience with subscription and / or digital goods business models at companies with millions of users
- Experience at a high growth company that has undertaken an IPO or a public technology company
- An impressive Duolingo XP or streak!
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.