Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over 4 million fans following us on social media. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about connecting with our users, building love for our products, and making our brand even more iconic. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work every day. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop highly engaging brand content that is fun and fresh and gets people talking? Do you get excited working with hardworking colleagues across the globe? This is a phenomenal opportunity to have impact and take our social strategy to a whole new level!. You will work closely with our global marketing team; country marketing managers; and external creative agencies.
- Accelerate Duolingo’s global social media impact, establishing a common strategic framework and metrics that enable global brand cohesion
- Craft a strategic approach and positioning, with an ability to make recommendations that innovate and push further
- Provide strategic mentorship for local marketing managers with respect to calendar, posting cadence, voice and tone, and engagement strategy and tactics
- Lead global social campaigns around key seasonal moments or earned media activity
- Stay ahead of ways to increase engagement and performance on social platforms
- Create digestible briefs to onboard agencies and the extended team
- Develop processes and implement tools to enhance communication and visibility across our global markets, creating a workflow for global content social content that will improve our agility.
- Shown success as a social media strategist for a global consumer brand
- Strong familiarity with social platforms, with awareness for emerging and opportunity platforms
- Experience collaborating with creative teams and contributing your own ideation to bring strategies to life
- Consistent record of staying on top of consumer trends and developing high impact campaigns
- The ability to communicate about social media in a way that resonates with a variety of audiences (non-experts, company-wide and executive-level, globally, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills and a strong sense of design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 5+ years of meaningful professional experience
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Passion for language learning or education
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.