Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work every day. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grow our crown jewel.
At Duolingo, our Senior Technical Recruiter handles our software engineering roles.
We are a fast-paced team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help grow the company.
- Handle full-cycle recruiting for software engineering positions across all locations
- Develop a rich pipeline of top technical talent through various recruiting strategies
- Partner with hiring managers to understand current and upcoming needs and priorities
- Lead and inspire the candidate experience; collaborate with internal interview teams to train, advise, and deliver a consistently distinct and positive experience that reflect Duolingo values
- Identify and deliver on effective and innovative employer branding strategies, relevant to software engineers
- Analyze requisition metrics and drive recommendations to increase hiring efficiencies
- Track and assess industry and talent market trends and find opportunities for Duolingo to compete for technical talent
- Serve as an expert-user on our internal recruiting tools
- Mentor recruiters and coordinators
- Ability to work or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting in the software engineering space
- Demonstrable track record for authentically sourcing and growing relationships with diverse talent
- Ability to work in a fast growing and vibrant environment; passionate about getting into the details to problem solve and ensure success
- A genuine teammate with a strong desire to help others and build memorable experiences
- Solid sense of logistics, balanced with flexibility and understanding
- A high sense of accountability and dedication to delivering results
- High attention to detail; stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and problem tackle independently without sacrificing quality of work
- A can-do, team mentality -- no task is too small and you’re willing to jump in when needed!
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as needed
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary; a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Prior experience in a high-growth startup environments
- Data-driven mentality, and a master at balancing efficiency and quality
- Experience bringing organization to teams and streamlining processes within organization
- Experience using tools like Textio and Gem
- Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition standards and processes, as well as basic Marketing principles
- An impressive Duolingo streak!
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.