We are building a world class Marketing organization at Duolingo with the goal to make a significant impact on the company's already rapid global growth. We want to make sure we are both innovative and rigorous as we build out our analytics function and determine the most high impact ways to spend our dollars/pesos/pounds and yen. We are looking for a technically conversant leader, coach, problem solver, and marketing analytics guru to lead a newly formed Marketing Analytics team and to partner with stakeholders in Finance, Product and Marketing Technology. This role will report to the Head of Global Media and will play an instrumental role in building the foundations of measuring and understanding the impact of our media spend and marketing campaigns.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 500 million learners and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work everyday. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
- A leader of analytics teams with extensive experience providing strategic guidance and decision support to decision makers in marketing and finance.
- A creative and innovative problem solver and storyteller with data, comfortable with helping partners think and solve difficult business challenges. You thrive on partnership and are able to build the bridge between the requirements of the business and the needed insights and analytics to help the business reach their goals.
- Have experience with setting marketing objectives, marketing measurement (experimental design and incrementality testing) and attribution (including marketing / media mix modeling), optimization of targeting and creative within and across marketing channels (omni-channel marketing), setting requirements for marketing data, and personalized marketing.
- Have consistently prioritized coaching members of your teams and growing leadership on your teams throughout your career.
- You are familiar with data science tools and methods including R, Python, SQL.
- Leverage a variety of data sources to create strategic marketing insights and recommend and build marketing success metrics, reporting, and spend allocation.
- Educate the organization around marketing analytics, protocols, and implementations. Enhance the team’s abilities to report on performance, focus on impact, and provide transparency about critical analytics workstreams
- Build and manage the Marketing Analytics team – a dedicated group within the Marketing function
- Present findings and strategic recommendations with clarity and concision to business partners in Marketing, Finance and Product
- Manage and prioritize requests from team members and cross functional partners and set realistic expectations. Transparently communicate about priorities on a regular basis.
- Partner with Marketing Technology to build increasingly detailed models of acquisition spend and channel attribution to deliver increased spend efficiency and higher ROI by improving the measurement and efficiency of marketing and media performance
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or another related field
- 7+ years of analytics experience with at least 3+ years leading a team of analysts in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in SQL. Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker) and marketing attribution models.
- Expertise working with R, Python, or other statistical software
- Experience measuring and optimizing marketing spend efficiency
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis experience and problem-solving
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate results from the data to marketing and management
- Strong ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
Exceptional candidates have...
- Experience with AWS/Redshift and Google Cloud
- Experience working with S3 to manage large volumes of data
- Familiarity with command-line tools, including git
- Experience with digital subscription and in-app purchase mobile businesses with millions of users
- An impressive Duolingo XP or streak!
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.