Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We offer an alternative to traditional high-stakes testing — through a Duolingo style experience that is convenient, fast, and affordable. Students studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. We are now accepted by 3,000+ higher education institutions worldwide. Using AI and remote proctoring, we enable students to take the test online, on demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a creative and upbeat leader to help us accelerate the growth of Duolingo English Test in China and key Asian markets. You will devise our growth strategy in these markets, and lead our team on-the-ground to execute marketing and business development initiatives. You will also partner with the global team to continue to evolve our product and value proposition. As a core member of our global organization and the General Manager of one of our largest markets, the ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional, self-motivated leader, but also a proactive and team-oriented communicator.
- Help Duolingo become the #1 choice for Asian students looking to study abroad
- Develop, own and execute strategy to grow Duolingo English Test in China and other key Asian markets (including but not limited to India, Japan, Korea)
- Define market-specific plans and goals, analyze and manage performance against goals
- Provide leadership and support to relevant marketing and business development team members on-the-ground, and oversee day-to-day operations
- Be the face of the Duolingo English Test, cultivate relationships with local partners and industry leaders
- Develop and execute a government relations strategy in China, taking the lead in establishing key relationships with relevant government agencies
- Serve as an advocate for test-takers internally, surface user insights and competitive intelligence to help inform global product development
- 10+ years of related experience in a sales, marketing, business development or general management role
- Deep understanding of, and first-hand experience in the education industry, and study abroad ecosystem in China
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with rapid iteration, hands-on execution
- Solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a fast paced, multicultural environment
- Data-driven and analytical sales and marketing experience
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English (both written & spoken)
- Occasional business travel within Asia and to our US headquarters in Pittsburgh
- Legal authorization to work in China. This position is based in Beijing
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Previous experience building a new business, or helping an international company expand into the Chinese market
- Deep understanding of, and experience managing teams in other Asian markets
- Previous experience working or studying in an English-speaking environment
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or related field
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.