We are building Duolingo’s newly formed Global Media team as our marketing organization and budget grows rapidly. We are looking for a marketing data analyst who is hungry to help set up the foundational data elements of the marketing team. You will serve as the bridge between marketing and analytics teams and be the enabler of our data-driven marketing program. The successful candidate for this position has prior experience in data intensive roles within marketing and understands the metrics and technologies of digital marketing. This role will report to the Head of Global Media and will play an instrumental role in building the foundations of measuring and understanding the impact of our media spend and marketing campaigns.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work everyday. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
- Build intuitive and readable dashboards using visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Plotly, Data Studio) and extract actionable insights
- Partner with our data science team to build scalable reporting tools, and drive marketing results through statistical analysis
- Act as a thought partner in the selection of the company’s marketing key performance indicators (KPIs), craft its definitions, and track the progress against those target metrics
- Mold data from multiple sources into strategic marketing insights
- Perform data quality assessments and make recommendations for improvements
- Influence bottoms-up data model design and develop your own data solutions as needed
- Bridge analytics and marketing, speaking both languages
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or another related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a data analyst, data visualization or data scientist role
- Demonstrated experience working with digital marketing data
- Strong expertise using SQL to extract, clean, and transform data in large, complex, nested, databases
- Expertise working with R, Python, or other statistical software
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Data Studio for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation
- Strong ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity
- Able to relocate to or work in our New York office (once we are back working from the office)
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Experience with AWS/Redshift and Google Cloud
- Experience working with S3 to manage large volumes of data
- Familiarity with command-line tools, including git
- Experience with digital subscription and in-app purchase mobile businesses with millions of users
- An impressive Duolingo XP or streak!