Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work every day. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us craft and grow our crown jewel.
We are hiring a Director of Technical Recruiting to lead, inspire, and build our team of technical recruiters and coordinators. Each year, our engineering and product teams double in size, and the technical recruiting team is a critical piece to scaling these functions across the globe.
We are a fast-paced team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to build a high-impact team and company.
- Lead and manage a team of full-cycle recruiters and coordinators to fill software engineering requisitions, across our global locations
- Develop a rich pipeline of top technical talent through relevant and effective recruiting strategies and efforts
- Work closely with senior leadership and hiring managers to plan for and meet hiring and growth goals
- Establish, implement, and scale technical recruiting standards, ensuring the approach is relevant to Duolingo
- Partner with the People Team to craft efficient processes that prioritize candidate and employee experiences
- Provide timely market data, research, and trends to guide our technical recruiting strategy
- Identify strategies for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to thrive and progress forward in the technical recruiting space
- Collaborate with hiring managers and interviewers to train, consult, and deliver a consistently distinct and positive candidate experience
- Identify and deliver on opportunities that communicate our employer brand to technical talent around the globe
- Build long term relationships with leaders and talent in the technology industry
- Provide technical recruiting thought leadership to the Talent Acquisition team
- Handle external relationships with industry partners and vendors
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand!
- Team Leadership. You know how to inspire and coordinate a group of individuals to become a high-impact and complementary team who is serious about driving results, growing a business, and having fun.
- Metrics Orientation. You understand how to collect relevant data, draw insights, and utilize them to drive decisions and influence others.
- Operational focus. Whether it’s allocating resources, building processes, or filling a requisition, you are driven to make things work better for all involved.
- Clear solutions. You can walk into an ambiguous scenario and implement innovative and impactful solutions that level-up the team.
- Frameworks. You develop frameworks that address and tackle problems at scale. And, you get a thrill out of it.
- Relational prowess. Authentically establishing and growing relationships with top talent, all around the world, is second nature.
- An ambitious spirit. You think big to inspire others, and you get into the details to bring those ideas to life. You are passionate about creating work that moves the needle.
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to New York, NY
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 8+ years of high-volume recruitment experience, including recruiting operations
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary; a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Prior experience scaling teams in a high-growth environment
- Experience interpreting data and building clear reports
- Experience using tools like Textio and Gem
- An impressive Duolingo streak
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.