Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grow our crown jewel.
We are hiring a Director of Technical Recruiting to lead, inspire, and build our team of technical recruiters and coordinators. Each year, our engineering and product teams double in size, and the technical recruiting team is a critical piece to scaling these functions across the globe.
We are a fast-paced team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help build an expertise and our company.
- Lead a team of full-cycle recruiters and coordinators to fill software engineering and product management requisitions, across our global locations
- Develop a rich pipeline of top technical talent through relevant and effective recruiting strategies and efforts
- Work closely with Executive leaders and hiring managers to plan for and meet hiring and growth goals
- Establish, implement and scale technical recruiting best practices, ensuring the approach is relevant and unique to Duolingo
- Partner with the People Team to build efficient processes that prioritize candidates and employees
- Provide industry-level competitive data and research to guide recruiting strategy to filling requisitions
- Identify, evaluate, and lead fair and inclusive hiring strategy methods and programs
- Collaborate with hiring managers and interviewers to train, consult, and deliver a consistently distinct and positive experience that reflect Duolingo’s mission and values
- Identify and deliver on opportunities that communicate our employer brand to technical talent around the globe
- Build long term relationships with leaders and talent in the technology industry
- Provide technical recruiting thought leadership to the Talent Acquisition team
- Manage external relationships with industry partners and vendors
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand
- Team Leadership. You know how to inspire and organize a group of individuals to become a high-performing and complementary team who is serious about driving results, growing a business, and having fun.
- Metrics Orientation. You understand how to gather relevant data, draw insights, and utilize them to drive decisions and influence others.
- Operational focus. Whether it’s allocating resources, building processes, filling a requisition, you care about how things work and are constantly improving the efficiency and efficacy of your team.
- Clear solutions. You can walk into an ambiguous scenario and implement creative and impactful solutions that level-up the team.
- Frameworks. You not only solve difficult problems in isolation, but you develop frameworks that address and solve problems at scale. And, you get a thrill out of it.
- Relational prowess. Authentically establishing and caring for relationships with world-class talent is second nature.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. You think big to inspire others, and you get your hands dirty to bring those ideas to life. You are passionate about creating work that moves the needle.
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 8+ years of high-volume recruitment experience, inclusive of recruiting operations
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary; a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Prior experience scaling teams in a high-growth environment
- Experience analyzing data and building clear reports
- An impressive Duolingo streak!