Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more work to do — and that’s where you come in!
Are you a curious designer with passion for creative excellence in craft? Does collaborating with skilled creative marketing and design talent to help build the next iconic brand excite you? Do you have a knack for seeking out new ways to deliver and optimize craft through content? With your scalable design and artful mastery, you will help ensure we deliver great creative work, and help Duolingo top of mind.
This role reports to the Creative Director of Brand & Marketing as a member of the Creative Marketing team, the instrumental creative partner in all marketing projects at Duolingo. As we scale marketing design & creative teams, projects and campaigns- there’s a need to develop creative content that allows us to scale our mission to more learners and assist in creating A+ Iconic-brand creative. —At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over creative and craft to deliver a friendly (and fun) experience for everyone at every touchpoint.
- Assist in executing design content needs for a variety of branded marketing content including seasonal campaigns, performance marketing, newsletters, social media content and systems, landing pages, and among additional partnership collateral.
- Design, experiment and test creative iterative content across performance marketing including App store optimization and systems.
- Closely collaborate with our Design Studio of illustrators, designers and animators to bring a cohesive brand experience to the world across all marketing touchpoints with the utmost attention to craft and detail. This includes illustrative, typographic and design compositional craft, and subtle motion graphics.
- Scale the brands guidelines and content clearly, concisely, and fearlessly through existing content and pushing the barriers of where we will be next.
- Partner with other cross functional teams such as PR, Content Studio, Product, and community teams to creatively scale out brand moments through content.
- Assist in executing certain social media content elements.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work; Give and solicit feedback and constantly strive for excellence.
- 2+ years experience as a designer with experience either agency, brand or both.
- Experience in creating a range of creative content that can span from static social posts to animated gifs and short video as well as design system layouts content for integrated campaigns with multiple touchpoints.
- Out of this world attention to detail and design craft.
- Internalizing brand guidelines, and strategically adapting it to all of our touchpoints and content. Ability to collaborate with various creative types and minds.
- Experience in working with illustrative and animated content and how best to adapt creative to integrated marketing collateral is a must.
- Opportunity oriented, self-motivated, proactive and doesn't wait to be told what to do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as nimble creative and strategic thinking skills, -all with a good sense of humor
- An acute self-awareness and empathy for both potential learners and the team’s goals
- Experience in adapting creative content to other languages and markets.
- Fluent experience designing and creating with a range of programs including the Adobe Suite, Figma, as well as knowledge in motion is a must.
- A portfolio site with samples of your work along with descriptions of what you contributed to the project.
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Assisted in executing award winning brand or marketing design work which has been recognized by industry leaders.
- Had previously published and or featured work either in esteemed publications or recieved press for personal projects.
- Working proficiency in more than one language, ideally Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, French, or German.
- A passion for education, culture, and language.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.