Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more work to do — and that’s where you come in!
Are you a curious copywriter with passion for strategic creative thinking? Does collaborating with skilled creative marketing and design talent to help build the next iconic brand excite you? Do you have a knack for seeking out typos and and developing global culture breaking ideas and content? With your conceptual ideas and scalable content writing mastery, you will help ensure we deliver great creative work, and help Duolingo top of mind.
This role reports to the Creative Director of Brand & Marketing as a member of the Creative Marketing team, the instrumental creative partner in all marketing projects at Duolingo. As we scale marketing design & creative teams, projects and campaigns- there’s a need to develop scalable buzzworthy ideas that hit our objectives and assist in creating A+ Iconic-brand creative. —At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over creative and craft to deliver a friendly (and fun) experience for everyone at every touchpoint.
- Partner with creative, design and marketing team members to concept strategic buzzworthy earned media ideas based on audience and human insights at an award winning level. These creative ideas can span the spectrum of a single social media post to executing a regional or integrated global marketing campaign across several touchpoints and languages.
- Develop, experiment and test creative messaging across performance marketing and additional creative content marketing touch points including newsletters, social media content, micro-sites, other marketing partnership collateral and probably some things we haven’t developed yet.
- Scale the brands tone of voice clearly, concisely, and fearlessly through existing content and pushing the barriers of where we will be next.
- Partner with other cross functional teams such as PR, Content Studio, Product, and Community teams to creatively scale out brand moments through content writing.
- Concept and execute social media concepts alongside the social media coordinator.
- Provide feedback and direction to internal teams as well as partner vendors, agencies on local and global initiatives.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work; Give and solicit feedback and constantly strive for excellence.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience as an industry award winning creative copywriter with experience either agency, brand or both.
- Experience in creating content and ideas that can span from a Tweet to an integrated campaign with multiple touchpoints.
- Proven ability to take a trending moment in culture and turn it into a moment of attention for a brand.
- Experience moving fluidly between high-level content strategy practices and hands-on content writing tasks.
- Internalizing brand voice, and strategically adapting it to speak to our range of audiences.
- Opportunity oriented, self-motivated, proactive and doesn't wait to be told what to do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as nimble creative and strategic thinking skills, -all with a good sense of humor
- An acute self-awareness and empathy for both potential learners and the team’s goals
- Excellent understanding of current trends and culture and ability to adapt a brand perspective to help garner attention.
- Proactive knack for developing creative strategies, ideas based on real time trending moments.
- Experience in adapting creative writing and concepts to other languages and markets.
- A portfolio site with samples of your work along with descriptions of what you contributed to the project.
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
Exceptional Candidates Have
- Created and executed industry award winning brand creative work which include Cannes Lions, D&AD, Webby’s among others.
- Had previously published written work either in publications or personal projects.
- Strong relationship building skills in cross-functional organizations.
- Working proficiency in more than one language, ideally Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, or Portuguese.
- Deep interest in developing break-through never before thought of creative ideas.
- A passion for education, culture, and language.