We are building Duolingo’s newly formed FP&A / Strategic Finance team as our revenue grows rapidly. We are looking for a data & business intelligence analyst who is hungry to help set up the foundational data elements of the finance team. You will serve as the bridge between the finance and data science teams and serve as the enabler of the strategic finance analyses. The successful candidate for this position has prior experience in data intensive roles and understands fundamental drivers of a business. This role will initially report to the Head of FP&A / Strategic Finance and will play an instrumental role in building the financial future of the company.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work everyday. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
- Build intuitive and readable dashboards using visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Plotly, Data Studio) and extract actionable insights
- Partner with our data science team to develop data pipelines, scalable reporting packages, and assist with statistical methods to drive business results
- Act as a thought partner in the selection of the company’s key performance indicators (KPI), craft its definitions, and track the progress against those target metrics
- Dissect multiple sources of data in a format applicable for strategic financial analyses
- Perform data quality assessments and make recommendations for improvements
- Influence bottoms-up data model design and develop your own data solutions as needed
- Bridge analytics and finance, speaking both languages
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a data visualization, data scientist, or data analyst role
- Expertise using SQL to extract, clean, and transform data in large, complex, nested, databases
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Data Studio for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation
- Strong ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity
- Able to relocate to or work in our New York City office
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
- Experience with digital subscription and in-app purchase mobile businesses with millions of users
- Experience at a high growth company that has undertaken an IPO
- Expertise using Python or R to perform statistical analysis and modeling
- An impressive Duolingo XP or streak!