Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making data-driven decisions, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, quirky, kind individuals who have fun at work every day. If this sounds like you, then come help us build and grow the next-generation learning company!
As part of our marketing team, you will focus on helping build a best in class paid user acquisition program acquiring both free users and subscribers. You will be part of a marketing organization that drives Duolingo’s user growth, you'll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and advance our mission of making language learning accessible to everyone.
- Identify, explore, and prioritize new opportunities and strategies for Duolingo that will assist with scaling our acquisition and growth efforts sustainably
- Embed in our monetization product team and help lead thought strategy and implementation to address attribution issues for paid marketing efforts
- Develop and execute paid media A/B tests to gain actionable insights around messaging, in-app user behavior, on-boarding flows, and impact on ROAS
- Manage performance metrics (i.e. LTV, CAC, etc.) and budget tracking while ensuring learnings are shared cross functionally with the proper stakeholders
- Leverage historical data, industry benchmarks, and past experience to develop models and provide performance projections to key stakeholders
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Finance, Data Science, Marketing Design and Engineering to intelligently scale acquisition efforts
- Manage day-to-day communication with third-party vendors and key partners (e.g. resolve issues, document challenges, create roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to turn performance marketing data into meaningful insights and help build dashboards for reporting
- 5-7 years experience in growth marketing and scaling tech companies, ideally experience at a successful startup
- Highly analytical. You are someone who is able to glean insights from complex sets of information and communicate them to other stakeholders in a clear, effective way. Cross device (mobile and web) experience is a plus.
- Experience within a start-up environment helping build out a performance marketing program; generating outstanding results driving profitable LTV/SAC acquisition on a consumer subscription product
- Experience helping build or implementing marketing technologies (MMPs - Adjust or AppsFlyer, dashboards, analytics tooling - MixPanel or internal BI, Multi-touch attribution, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the mobile app ecosystem and/or subscription landscape
- Comfortable with deploying a budget against a wide array of marketing channels while experimenting across new and existing channels
- You have exceptional organizational, budgetary and time-management skills
- Great communication skills and the ability to translate complex concepts into easy to understand strategies for cross functional teams
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.) and Google Suite (specifically Sheets)
- Fluency in multiple languages and a passion for EdTech
- Understanding of full-funnel marketing strategies
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in SQL
- Degree in mathematics or engineering