Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grow our crown jewel.
At Duolingo, our Creative Recruiter leads recruiting for our Product Design, Design Studio, and Studios + Content roles, across all offices (Pittsburgh, NYC, Bellevue, Beijing).
We are a fast-paced, small yet mighty team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help build and grow the company.
- Lead and implement full-cycle recruiting for all creative positions, across all locations
- Develop a rich pipeline of top product design, animation, illustration, and studios + content talent through various recruiting strategies and efforts
- Partner with hiring managers to understand and solve for current and upcoming needs and priorities
- Partner with hiring managers to build and scale an equitable and inclusive interviewing process
- Craft influential employer branding strategies and content
- Maintain solid industry awareness and market intelligence of hiring trends, competitive intelligence as well as challenges; build and implement solutions to address these trends
- Manage the candidate experience; collaborate with internal interview teams to train, consult, and deliver a consistently distinct and positive experience that reflect Duolingo values
- Partner with Director of Talent Acquisition to identify effective and innovative recruiting strategies
- Serve as an expert-user on our internal recruiting tools
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand
- Ability to work in or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 4+ years of high-volume recruitment experience
- A sharp eye for design and the aptitude to identify exceptional creative work
- Proven success in building and scaling recruitment processes and strategies from the ground up
- Experience creating and launching employer branding strategies
- Brings a strong and ever-growing network of creative talent ; proven ability to source and maintain relationships with world-class talent
- Strong sense of process and operations, balanced with flexibility and understanding
- Ability to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment; inspired by the startup environment and willing to get into the details to ensure success
- A genuine team player with a strong desire to help others and create memorable experiences
- Proven dedication to follow-through and delivering results
- High attention to detail; stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and problem solve independently without sacrificing quality of work
- Proven success in communicating effectively and building strong, trusted relationships within diverse groups
- A can-do, team mentality -- no task is too small and you’re willing to jump in when needed!
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as needed
- Fluency in Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary; a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Prior experience in a high-growth startup environments
- Data-driven mentality, and a master at balancing efficiency and quality
- Experience bringing organization to teams and streamlining processes within organizations
- Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition best practices and processes, as well as basic Marketing principles
- An impressive Duolingo streak!