Take the world’s most popular language-learning app’s social media presence to the next level! Build your social media marketing career at Duolingo and shape the future of education.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 million users, we are the most popular language-learning platform in the world. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
We are seeking a creative and energetic Social Media Coordinator to help us grow Duolingo’s social media presence and engage both existing and new audiences. In this role, you will strategize and execute creative, data-driven social media campaigns, and shape online sentiment of the Duolingo brand. As a core member of our growing marketing team, you are someone who’s just as enthusiastic about creating content that engages, entertains, and inspires as you are about measuring and reporting the results of a social media campaign. Oh, and a healthy appreciation of memes and pop culture certainly doesn’t hurt!
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly creative and self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and collaborate well with others. Does this sound like you? Read on!
- Manage Duolingo’s presence on existing social media channels such as Twitter, Instagram, and explore new social media channels that we should be tapping into
- Create and maintain a social media content calendar for all posts across Duolingo’s channels
- Write and edit copy for Duolingo posts, and coordinate with our Design team on social media artwork and illustrations
- Keep a close eye on trending content on social media and strategize on ways for Duolingo to engage if/when appropriate
- Engage and interact with our social media communities by responding to comments and interacting with other relevant content
- Coordinate and align on social media content with Duolingo’s international teams
- Measure and report on KPIs such as follower growth and engagement rates across all social media channels, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
- 1-2 years of related experience in social media marketing
- Strong interest in social media trends and creating content that engages, inspires, and spreads widely
- Data-driven marketing experience, including analyzing and providing insights on performance of social media content and campaigns
- Solid interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for engaging with our social media communities
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with various teams and functions within Duolingo
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience managing social media for a consumer-focused app or tech company
- A portfolio of high-performing social media posts for other brands or clients
- Experience working with third parties, including agencies, vendors, and contractors
- Passion for our mission to make high-quality language education accessible to everyone