Duarte is looking for a graphic designer who wants to puts the skills they’re most proud of into making great visual presentations, graphics, and media work. You’ll be joining an agency that has been dedicated to being the leader of this space for 25+ years, helping the great speakers move audiences around the world, and executive teams from industries as diverse as tech, consumer goods, entertainment, media, financial services, and healthcare tell their stories to the world. We dissect complex stories, digest information and visual story challenges, and make the best visuals and stories for audiences around the world to see. We work on projects that move people and influence change in the world… while not every project falls in that category, we strive to pass such opportunities to designers that aspire to work on those projects.
If you believe in these things....
- Working collaboratively to make the team’s work successful
- Be recognized for the best of what you bring and recognizing the best of what others bring
- An environment where we support each other to get things done
- Investing in yourself and others to grow
...and want to work in an environment where people work together to make this a reality, keep reading.
You'd be a great candidate if you hit many of these traits below:
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself
- Adept at shifting gears between the whiteboard to your sketch book to Adobe CS
- Lives a streamlined workflow between CS apps while being well-versed in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Visual problem solver—you dissect complex information to simplify and abstract it for easier audience digestion
- Process thinker—addresses design challenges and can clearly articulate a step-by-step approach for coming up with a solution
- You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get into the work because you know that there’s a time to design and there’s a time to build—both being equally important to create great work
- Professional and diplomatic
- Asks questions until the next steps are absolutely clear in their mind’s eye
- Communicates well to listen and understand client and stakeholder needs to make the project successful
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Finds or helps others find solution to challenges without waiting or asking for permission first
- You hold yourself accountable before you hold others accountable
- Have worked in a world where design is seen as communication rather than fine art
- Enjoy guiding and teaching others as much as doing
- You’re a lifelong learner, always up on the latest trends and tools
- Bonus if you’re into print design, interactive tablet-based information/interactive design, or motion graphics
- Big bonus if you’re a mastermind at PowerPoint, but if you’re not, your visual problem solving skills is what will make your designs successful at Duarte and we’ll train you on the deployment platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field/experience and 2-3 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- OS – Primarily, Windows. Secondarily, OSX
- Solid or expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Proficiency in PPT and Keynote.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent self-management skills
- Experience working in agency environment a plus