Duarte is a global leader in persuasive visual storytelling. Our Art Directors are exceptional creatives, highly conceptual design thinkers who also happen to be excellent communicators with lightning-fast problem-solving skills. They uncover essential truths, define solutions, and bring them to life through cutting-edge presentation experiences. Duarte's Art Directors help clients define and realize their visions through a blend of logical intuition and conciliatory persuasion. They are profound listeners who can channel narrative into compelling visual experiences, they thrive under pressure to meet tight deadlines driven by world changing agendas and top global brands, and when that’s all done, they know how to cut loose with the team.
The team you’ll join:
This specific Art Director position, along with a stellar team of designers, will be working on a wide range of deliverables from large anchor accounts to new business clients spanning a variety of industry types. Your role will consist of advancing the client’s mission through presentation, and deepening the engagement by empowering the team around you.
We partner closely with our clients to help them find creative solutions, cultivate relationships, and contribute to account strategies
In-person meetings with top Executives
Play an active role in fast-paced, executive meetings with incredibly smart and quick thinking folks that are at the top of what they do. Must be able to attend these meetings in-person in San Francisco.
Active Creative Team Leadership
You dazzle those around you through thoughtful creative leadership — inspiring the most from the creative team.
Jumping in is your calling card. Raising your hand at the 11th hour, sounding the rally cry, leading by example, and gaining recognition inspires you.
You take the time to teach, and take pride in the growth of those around you.
Thrive under pressure and provide calm to those around you
Embrace the Unknown
See opportunity in the path less taken, and show others the way
Exceptional Design Skills
Top notch creative chops, ability to transfer your design to multiple platforms and retain the highest quality.
Can take an abstract or difficult to communicate idea and create an effective creative solution that others can also understand clearly
Can direct and do the design
This AD role is a doer-director role, often jumping in or leading the production on a project with the team.
The superpowers that will make you a perfect fit:
- You have a unique blend of leadership, technical, and client-facing skills.
- You have managed creatives, thrive as a teacher/mentor, and seize opportunities for the team.
- You have a natural ability to set a tone for team-centric collaboration, are in tune with timing and scope, and can work just as well by yourself as you can with others.
- You’re meticulous and detail oriented, both in your technical work, and in your ability to expertly present your design thinking to designers and non-designers alike.
- You’re a problem solver with the necessary project management skills to get the team across finish line every time.
- You’re a brand ambassador that easily builds trust with clients, understands their inner workings, and are able to distill their complex ideas into elegant and effective creative solutions.
- You’re equally as passionate about generating brilliant concepts as you are about empowering those around you.
If you think you might be a match for this elite team, you'll need 10 years art director, leader, agency experience, mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator. After Effects and motion graphics savviness give you an advantage. PowerPoint or Keynote experience. PRESENTATION DESIGN SKILLS A MUST.