DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our global commodities trading team to aid in research, development, and maintenance of analytics infrastructure.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to support improved design, development and maintenance of data pipelines to be used in research/trading
- Extract and organize data from a number of source options, performing quantitative analysis in support of trading
- Assist in the development of analytical tools
- Translate business needs into data science projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders at each stage of project
- Communicate projects and results to audiences with different backgrounds
- Create and maintain post-trade diagnostics tools across various strategies
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science or related field.
- Passion and interest for a data science role solving real-world business problems
- Minimum of two years' experience in working in a python ecosystem for data science
- Experience working with large datasets, data cleaning, preprocessing, and feature engineering
- Experience building, validating, deploying, monitoring, and updating predictive models
- Excellent programming and scripting skills
- Experience working independently and delivering results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience communicating complex ideas clearly and concisely to peers and stakeholders
- Strong collaborative intent, strong outcome driven focus
- Positive, team focused attitude
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.