DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Technical Operations Analyst, you will have an active role in implementing and managing a wide variety of operational processes, focused on technical change management and prioritization, exchange facing operational responsibilities, and driving new trading initiatives through scoping phases and resource planning to completion. You will have the opportunity to continuously identify ways to improve the operational day to day with a goal of increasing overall efficiency across the firm.
- Support the prioritization process surrounding front office technology deployments
- Manage all phases of the external execution venue session management process
- Manage all phases of the external risk limit process
- Maintain roadmap of exchange upgrades / migrations and mandated changes; examples include such events as: BrokerTec migration to CME Globex, Eurex semi-annual upgrades, CBOE C1 migration to BATS Technology, NYSE Pillar rollout for NYSE Equities markets, etc.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure readiness of all internal stakeholders for any mandatory changes announced by an exchange or venue
- Work closely with internal Business Management and Project Management functions on new exchange / venue onboarding work
- Design and implement continuous updates to various operational processes in order to continually improve tech and trading efficiency, supported by strong documentation
- Work collaboratively with members of trading, development, and IT operations to establish best practices to improve efficiency
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience working within an operationally focused team
- Familiarity with exchange protocols and session types
- Familiarity with exchange nuances, such as memberships, MPIDs, specific risk settings, etc…
- A proven track record of operational excellence, consisting of designing, implementing, and operating strong technical processes
- An ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently and autonomously
- Must be very detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.