DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting tasks spanning application stack, server hardware, Linux OS, network devices, and advanced intra-site and inter-site network communications
- Analyze and detect areas of potential sub-optimal performance and help drive improvements to optimize overall system performance for ultra-low latency electronic trading systems
- Drive expansion of end-to-end monitoring and alerting for overall system reliability and availability
- Drive automation of common administration tasks, system deployments and trading software stack upgrades
- Analyze and present recommendations to aid in seamless global scalability and management of overall system footprint to help reduce/minimize complexity as system growth and usage expands firmwide
- Act as key contributor in global trading site colocation planning and colocation site optimization
- Act as key participant in planning usage of advanced networking technologies and techniques
- Act as key participant to ensure optimal interaction with global electronic trading exchanges
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in high performance, low latency ecosystem management
- Deep knowledge in at least one of the following: linux system tuning/optimization, low latency network design, network capture analysis, exchange microstructure
- Familiarity with network architecture and network protocols, linux configuration, timing infrastructure and colocation facility infrastructure and builds
- Demonstrated prior experience developing python applications to aid in analysis and automation
- Previous experience working with electronic trading systems interacting with major exchanges and knowledge of exchange interactions and messaging highly preferred
- Prior experience developing automated monitoring and alerting systems for system availability and performance tuning is a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.