DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Global Payroll Specialist, you’ll be part of a team that manages DRW’s payroll processes for our offices around the globe. You’ll also act as a main point of contact for both employees and external vendors regarding payroll issues, so a strong service-oriented approach and a high sense of urgency are critical.
What you’ll do:
- As part of a payroll team, process semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for 1800+ employees (including annual discretionary bonus payroll) in DRW’s regions including US, Canada and UK as well as other international locations in Europe and Asia
- Calculate various payroll computations including overtime, hourly, vacation balances, prorated pay, retro pay, shift differentials, taxable benefits, etc.
- Complete global year-end tax processes and amendments
- Process changes in our Workday HRIS system including new hire onboarding, department transfers, salary changes, terminations, deduction and earnings changes and other payroll/benefit changes
- Calculate final payroll liabilities for accounting and download data for general ledger
- Process post-payroll benefit funding reports and audits
- Work with federal, state and local tax agencies to ensure filing compliance, respond to notices and maintain good account standing
- Institute, follow and audit tight process controls to ensure data integrity and minimize errors
- Continuously implement process improvements to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Manage unemployment claims, wage garnishments and employment verifications
- Ensure compliance with government and tax regulations and process labor statistic filings
- Act as a main point of contact for employee questions regarding payroll in all offices
- Perform other HR and Payroll related projects and duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of payroll experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A solid understanding of payroll processes and state, local and international laws pertaining to payroll administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to work well under pressure
- Maturity, discretion and experience dealing with highly confidential information
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- An interest in joining a growing organization and a willingness to collaborate and assist whenever, wherever
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Workday payroll as well as other global platforms
- Payroll certification and training
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.