DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Global Payroll Manager, you’ll manage payroll processes for our offices around the globe. You’ll also act as the main point of contact for both employees and external vendors regarding payroll issues, so a strong service-oriented approach and a high sense of urgency are critical.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and coach Global Payroll Specialist
- Oversee and direct semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for 1200+ employees (including annual discretionary bonus payroll) in the US as well as our international locations in Canada, Europe and Asia
- Manage global year-end tax processes, amendments, audits, payroll funding liabilities and prepare benefit and general ledger reports
- Partner with Tax and Accounting to ensure a smooth end to end processes and to solve complex problems
- Ensure compliance with applicable payroll tax obligations and laws; stay on top of legislative changes
- Advise Talent Acquisition on global new hire onboarding tax compliance and questions
- Calculate various payroll computations including overtime, hourly, vacation balances, prorated pay, retro pay, shift differentials, etc.
- Process changes in our Workday HRIS system including new hire onboarding paperwork, department transfers, salary changes, terminations, deduction and earnings changes and other payroll/benefit changes
- Institute, follow and audit tight process controls to ensure data integrity and minimize errors
- Monitor industry trends; continuously implement process improvements to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Act as the main point of contact for employee questions regarding payroll in all offices
- Perform other HR and Payroll related projects and duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of related experience in a corporate environment
- Previous experience managing global payroll
- A solid understanding of payroll processes and state, local and international laws pertaining to payroll administration
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be highly proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Workday experience and payroll certifications a plus
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Must be self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with professionalism and confidentiality
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.