Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As an Accounting Intern, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills in a fast-paced and rapidly growing trading environment. DRW’s internship program exposes students to the dynamic worlds of trading and technology. Our 10-week summer program is packed with responsibility, challenges, problem-solving, excitement, and fun. Upon successful performance during the summer of 2023, you would be invited to return the following summer in a full-time role within our Leadership Rotation Network program (more on this below).
How you will make an impact…
- Perform daily General Ledger functions such as cash and trading account reconciliation, booking depreciation, and income and expense accruals
- Perform regulatory compliance calculations
- Work with Fixed Asset ledger
- Assist with preparation and review of monthly financial statements
- Interface directly with Operations to resolve balancing differences
- Assist Accounts Payable in 5-day payables and accrual close process
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed
What you bring to the team…
- Working toward an Accounting degree (strongly preferred) and have an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in teams
- Strongly proficient in use of Excel (preferred)
- Knowledgeable in GAAP
- Self-motivated and enjoy challenges and responsibility
- Very detail-oriented and possess strong analytical skills
What to expect during the internship…
- Meaningful projects: You’ll receive a challenging project to complete during your time here. Each project promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to foster friendship and camaraderie.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
What is the Leadership Rotation Network (LRN) Program?
- As mentioned earlier, this posting is seeking an Accounting intern for summer 2023 who would ultimately be invited back to DRW as a full-time employee to join the Leadership Rotation Network (LRN) program cohort for further exposure and development in summer 2024.
- The motivation of LRN is to build a pipeline of talent for our support teams using a thoughtful approach where we ensure candidates have first gained a comprehensive understanding of the business and have a “behind the scenes” look at how our trading functions work together cohesively.
- During LRN, participants will first be supported with upfront training to sharpen technical skills and deepen their understanding of market fundamentals, propelling them to succeed in rotations that follow.
- Over the course of the next year, candidates will rotate through a target of 3 Infrastructure subgroups – including Global Trading Operations, Treasury, Risk, Project Management, Business Management, Accounting and Finance. Throughout each rotation, candidates will spearhead projects that allow them to understand each team’s accountabilities and how they collaborate to support our trading business.
- After completing the rotations and harnessing the opportunity to make a real impact throughout the organization, LRN participants will then be placed on a team that ultimately strikes a balance between the candidate’s interests/skillsets and DRW’s business needs. (*Note that the Accounting track will look slightly different and our identified Accounting specialty candidate would rotate for development but is guaranteed to land within Accounting for their final placement.)
- Outside of the core rotation structure, LRN participants can also expect a foundation of support and relationship building opportunities, from a cohort of fellow LRNers to program coaches as well as events and milestone celebrations to commemorate achievements along the way!
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.