Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.The Software Development Engineer in Test provides mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. As a SDET, you will develop test plans and test cases for various trading platforms that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. We are seeking a candidate with experience working in fast-paced development environments who has a strong regression testing background and significant experience developing automated testing strategies and test cases.
- Gain strong understanding of trading system functionality and capabilities provided via API (market pricing, trading operational functions, access to related trade data, etc.) and work with Python-based test framework to develop automation test sets needed for these functions
- Create tests for measuring throughput and latency
- Implement tests into a continuous integration system and provide quick feedback regarding changes that will affect the state of development
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Work with developers to determine testing coverage needs, resolve bugs and provide feedback on functionality
- Work with application support teams and users of API interfaces to address questions on usage, configuration and implementation, and to help resolve production issues
- Assist with technical documentation regarding API interfaces
- 3+ years of Python programming experience
- 3+ years of automation testing experience
- Previous experience working with trading systems and exposure to working with equities/options/futures is a plus
- Previous experience using testing frameworks for unit testing
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of software development and testing
- Ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.