Data Scientist Intern
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW NX is the technological research center of DRW based in Montreal and manages our RF networks across the globe. The machine learning team works on various aspects of DRW’s business. Our mission is to develop novel solutions to critical problems. We work on high impact projects and contribute at every stage from defining a data science problem with stakeholders to designing machine learning algorithms,and deploying and monitoring them in production. We have a strong focus on data as we work with large amounts of data daily.
We are looking for passionate and innovative interns to join our machine learning team. The ideal candidate is currently working towards a degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, or other related technical fields. You will work on a concrete project with measurable impact. You will help us build, analyze, and interpret models, improve our infrastructure, and make the most of our data.
Some examples of what you could be working on:
- Time series forecasting
- Applying deep learning methods to telemetry data (sensor data and metrics collected from intelligent devices)
- Improving our data and data pipelines
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in a technical discipline focusing on machine learning, deep learning, time series analysis or NLP graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Good knowledge of machine learning and/or deep learning algorithms
- Good knowledge of tools and packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, scikit-learn
- Experience programming in at least one language (Python, MATLAB, R, Java, ...)
- Experience with scripting
- Strong communication skills to advocate your ideas in a clear and concise manner to the team
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
Following qualifications are a plus:
- Software best practices (agile, version control, experiment tracking, code review etc.)
- Publications in relevant conferences and journals
What to expect during the internship?
- Meaningful projects: You'll receive a challenging project to complete during your time here. Each project promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to foster friendship and camaraderie.
- Housing: DRW provides fully furnished apartments located close to the office making your morning commute as easy as possible.
- Mentorship: You'll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.