DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Field Network Specialist will carry out RF related path surveys, site surveys, and ad-hoc field related activities. The ideal candidate will ensure that field related tasks are managed and executed accurately and efficiently. The candidate will communicate with stakeholders ahead of scheduling, efficiently plan work trips, and document survey results properly in deliverables in their corresponding databases. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training and experience in wireless networking engineering and related technologies.
Responsibilities and what you will learn on the job:
- Visits all designated microwave sites to establish true coordinates and perform a detailed site and LoS survey
- Conducts tower and site surveys through use of drones
- Performs pre-field deployment desktop analyses using link planning and GIS mapping software.
- Understands and analyze path design criteria including required field verification for Line-of-Site
- Confirms visual Line-of-Site for short paths if possible
- Assists design teams with finding alternate or new solutions in the microwave network design
- Conducts detail site and tower audit of all existing equipment and antennas through use of various drone technologies
- Enters all path data into Pathloss software data and generates final reports
- Ensures all data is accurately updated in internal tools following surveys
- Keeps current with Radio Frequency/Wireless microwave technology knowledge and concepts through ongoing training and conference attendance.
- Performs RF interference troubleshooting analysis
- Assists in site maintenance when needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the year domestically and internationally (Must have or be able to obtain a valid drivers license and passport)
- Associate’s Degree with focus in Engineering or 1 year of field experience preferred
- Experience with or strong interest in: Network scanning, GIS software, Network planning tools, and Drone mapping
- Qualifications with RF certifications and drone licensing are a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, learn new technologies and changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve project goals
- Strong work ethic and good attitude
- Ability to proactively carry out tasks independently
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Proficient in the use of various software tools including Google Earth, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- English speaker; business level proficiency (multilingual is a plus)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.