DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our Development Engineering Services team provides mission critical support for many of our software engineering teams throughout the firm: source code control, continuous integration, package management, monitoring and alerting. They manage the deployment, administration, and troubleshooting of these applications ensuring highly available operation. In addition, they help interface with other teams to effectively use these tools to get the most out of shared tools. It's a fast-paced, dynamic environment that provides new technical challenges constantly and demands that you learn new things daily.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key member of the Development Engineering Services team making impactful contributions that the large internal software development ecosystem benefits from every day
- Attend daily standup meetings, demos, etc.
- Provide best in class support for our suite of applications
- Troubleshoot production system incidents and create artifacts for postmortems to ensure that similar failures in the future are avoided
- Develop automation to facilitate administrative tasks supporting the onboarding and maintenance various users and groups
- Test and automate upgrades of our applications to remain on our vendor's latest releases
- Constantly be improving our own logging, monitoring and alerting practices
- Interact with vendor support to debug and drive third-party issues to resolution
What we’re looking for:
- 5 plus years of development experience
- 5 plus years of unix systems administration
- Experience coding in Python or shell scripting (e.g. bash) to automate rote system-level tasks
- Able to troubleshoot bugs in software written in a range of languages and contribute solutions
- Familiarity with git or other version control software
- Persistent drive to improve workflows and make things better
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Asking questions, sharing information, and understanding the "why" for your work and our team's work
- Able to work well on a team as well as independently
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in C, python, golang, ruby, java
- Familiarity with Sonatype Nexus
- Familiarity with conda
- Familiarity with continuous integration services like Concourse, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Comfortable with software build process using TeamCity or similar, able to dig into any code-base to diagnose and fix problems
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.