DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW is looking for a Senior Software/Data Engineer to join its Commodities trading group to build and support infrastructure for the ingestion, management and analysis of datasets used by analysts and traders.
As a software engineer you will work with our data engineers and analysts to understand data ingestion needs, build data pipelines to bring data into DRW, build tools to monitor data sets for availability & integrity and design a data warehouse that makes our data accessible and useful.
What you will do
- Design, govern & manage our system architecture for ETL processes
- Build software to support our Data Engineers in their role writing, orchestrating and monitoring ETL pipelines for 3rd party datasets
- Work with our software engineers to design data storage solutions, design databases and optimize data usage and access patterns to support our analytics and trading tools
- Work closely with Data Engineers and our Program Manager to plan work, support our daily workflow and provide a high quality of service to our users
- Work with our Data Engineers to mentor & coach them to write quality code
- Work with DRW’s infrastructure teams to leverage internal compute clusters, cloud services and storage systems to design an efficient and scalable data warehouse
- Collaborate with your peers at DRW as a subject matter expert to learn & contribute to data management work across the firm
Projects you will be involved with
You will be working on building an efficient, scalable data warehouse for analyzing public and proprietary data feeds across a number data providers and data sets to support analytics and trading across many commodities products including:
- Crude oil & refined products balances & forecasting
- Global & regional natural gas and LNG flows
- Agriculture production, exports & forecasting
- Global shipping of commodities
- Demand data for US & European Power
What you bring to the team
- Experience working as a Senior Software Engineer, taking responsibility for leading technology projects
- Java, Go or Rust experience writing backend infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability as a product / infrastructure owner
- Strong Python knowledge and experience working with data engineers / researchers
- SQL schema design and SQL optimization experience
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and distributed file systems
- Experience working in a trading environment a strong plus
- Experience delivering web-based user interfaces a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.