DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity, and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation, and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are currently seeking a Natural Gas Scheduling Manager to join our Energy team in our Houston office. In this role, you will supervise a team of professional schedulers across numerous commodities and locations.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide management, training, and delegation of responsibilities across a team of Schedulers
- Arrange and nominate the receipt and delivery of natural gas in accordance with contractual obligations
- Become a logistics subject matter expert in Enuit Entrade and coordinate software development efforts to improve processes
- Develop logistics policies and procedures in order to accommodate a rapidly growing physical commodity business
- Communicate between suppliers and customers to ensure that contractual nomination data is coordinated accurately throughout the delivery chain
- Work closely with trading and marketing teams to help optimize flows on a daily basis
- Track the movement of all physical sales and maintain systems showing the contractual movements of gas, storage changes, and imbalances
- Track pipeline tariff costs and review all logistics invoices
- Identify incremental capacity and supply availability which may be acquired by the company in a cost effective and profitable manner
- Actively review the efficiency of the nomination and accounting activities to ensure that those functions are run optimally
- Review and approve new pipeline and transportation contracts
- Comprehensive understanding of gas and power industry standards and logistics operations
- Knowledge of FERC rules and regulations
- A minimum of 10 years of North American logistics experience, ideally covering numerous commodities
- A minimum of 3 years as an experienced manager and team leader
- Commercially aware and able to make rapid and accurate decisions
- Ability to analyze complex issues and manage a demanding workload effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Self-motivated and with good interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure and adhere to strict timelines
- Bachelor's degree, solid written/spoken communication skills in English and able to engage at all levels
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.