DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW Holdings seeks a high-performing, driven, and dedicated individual contributor to join a growing team responsible for designing and implementing firm-wide software services.
- Development of firm-wide software system services and components.
- Design and implement/delegate.
- Gather use cases, determine scope and requirements.
- Lead and participate in design discussions.
- Implement and/or lead others in implementing.
- Manage project expectations, progress, etc.
- Document, train, and improve.
- Create documentation for design/API/protocols, use cases, and support.
- Lead post-project reviews, gather feedback and distill lessons.
- For each project, learn and incorporate existing technology products (3rd party and proprietary) as appropriate.
- Mentor and train junior members of the team, review pull requests.
- Organized and coordinated thought process; easily navigate abstractions and black boxes.
- Concise and precise communication skills.
- Experience working in trading industry; front office and/or back office systems.
- Working with exchange or software vendor APIs for orders, market data, or positions.
- Working with real-time data.
- Ability to empathize with stake-holder wants, and still discern stake-holder needs.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structure, algorithms, one or more strongly typed programming languages).
- Experience programming with 3rd party APIs.
- In both technical and business context:
- Able to work productively with members from multiple teams.
- Calmly assess and take ownership of difficult-to-solve problems.
- Motivated to learn from others and teach others.
WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE
- Professional, multi-year experience in Java, C++, Python, Rust, Ruby on Rails, Go, etc.
- Creating APIs for use by other developers.
- Computer Science Undergraduate Major.
- Prior experience training and mentoring recent college hires.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.