DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a Commodities options trading desk to build and support infrastructure & tools for quantitative & fundamental research and trading.
As a software engineer you will work with the traders and analysts to provide a robust and productive environment for data analysis, research and modelling in a technology focused environment. Our work spans exploratory analysis & research through to real-time analytics & modelling supporting our day-to-day trading decisions.
You will be enthusiastic to refine our working processes to deliver high quality work that is robust and scales as we grow. You will use your experience to shape our infrastructure and build supporting software, processes & tools as needed. This environment is data intensive and the team largely work in Python.
What you will do
- Work with the trading desk to implement research studies, analytics, and production models for commodities trading
- Define and maintain our Python development environment, tailored for data intensive workloads
- Build web user interfaces for data exploration and delivery of research results
- Build supporting infrastructure to make trading data sets accessible and useful
- Manage production workflows for real-time forecasting, modelling and analytics in our Linux compute environment
- Support back testing & development of systematic trading strategies and deployment into our production trading environment
- Work with DRW’s research infrastructure team to leverage our Linux computer cluster
- Work with our data management teams to refine our processes for data acquisition, storage and accessibility from our research workflows
- Collaborate with your peers at DRW as a subject matter expert to learn & contribute to research work across the firm
What you bring to the team
- Experience as a senior software engineer
- Strong Python knowledge and experience working with data-scientists & researchers
- Ability to support and educate our researchers on best practices in software engineering
- Experience delivering web-based user interfaces
- Experience building and storing data in relational databased and/or nosql like data stores
- Demonstrated ability as a product / infrastructure owner
- Experience working with trading analysts & traders
- Experience with options trading
- Familiarity with Java or C++ and experience building backend infrastructure
- Experience deploying systems into a real time trading environment
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.