Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
At DRW, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in London. We design and deploy low latency network and technology for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our NX team is looking for a passionate RF Architect Intern to support DRW NX with design and optimization of low latency wireless networks. As part of our Architecture team, you’ll have an opportunity to work and be exposed to the entire lifecycle of the projects.
What you bring to the team…
- Electrical Engineering studies, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related field graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Smarts, curiosity and a passion for technology
- Good knowledge of RF/Microwave point-to-point links design
- Strong understanding of RF propagation
- Capability to work with planning tools such as Pathloss 5
- High level of interest in project management
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and provide meaningful updates
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- A pragmatic and flexible mindset in order to succeed in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to proactively carry out tasks independently
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to achieve project goals
What to expect during the internship…
- Learn details about low latency networks
- Design and optimizing microwave networks
- Support implementation and operation activities as needed
- Get familiar with regulatory aspects of building international networks
- Manage projects on some levels
- Collaborate with other teams to validate solutions and progress project
What to expect during the internship
- Meaningful projects: Each project, advised by a trader, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with real-world work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to explore the city, foster friendships and camaraderie.
- Housing: DRW provides fully furnished apartments located close to the office – making your morning commute as easy as possible.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
- Education: As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. You’ll complete a market fundamentals course taught by an experienced trader and participate in a technology immersion course to better understand how technology and trading intersect.
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Keep the following statement at the bottom of all job postings:
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.