DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are looking for multiple passionate Full Stack Software Developers to join our team. You will develop critical software that our traders, researchers and engineering teams use to implement and analyze our algorithmic trading strategies. As a member of our team, you will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology and senior technologists providing you with the best possible environment to succeed.
How you will make an impact:
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Analyzing requirements from traders and analysts for algorithmic trading
- Facilitating discussions on code implementation, testing, software architecture best practices
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
- Actively engaging with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Mentorship with experienced software developers, database administrators, and technical project managers
- Continuous learning through paid postgraduate degrees, Dev Lightning talks, online learning support and 1 on 1 language tutoring with Berlitz
- 40 hours of paid volunteer work at the organization of your choice
- Bi-weekly social activities, monthly wellness plan, on-site weekly massages, and games room
- Enjoy daily catered meals (breakfast and lunch) with unlimited snacks and beverages
- Competitive salary, matching RRSP, paid company phone, laptop, and work from home set-up
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 1 to 7 years of experience building software systems
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated team player and a passionate problem solver with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with any of these technologies is an asset: Redis, RabbitMQ, GraphQL, Kafka, MongoDB, ELK, Docker, WebSocket, AMQP, TCP, HTTP
- Experience with relational databases is an asset (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
Find out more about all our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.