DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a software engineer on the Risk Operations team, you will work on crafting technical solutions for Risk Analysts and Risk Managers. You will gain knowledge across a wide variety of asset classes, while implementing and monitoring risk data controls and delivering risk analytics. You will be integral to the interaction between Risk Managers, Risk Development, and other central teams.
- Build tools and infrastructure to support the Risk Managers and Risk Analysts
- Extend and optimize the operational framework used for monitoring and disseminating risk across the firm
- Work closely with subject matter experts from other teams to develop and continuously improve data flow and quality
- Work directly with developers and risk managers to monitor the health and utilization of DRW’s risk systems to proactively detect/resolve data issues
- Continuously evolve environment to eliminate redundancy, improve performance, and reduce errors
- Provide feedback via code reviews for analysts and other developers.
- Write and maintain technical and operations documentation.
- Support production and development environments; troubleshoot and resolve risk system production incidents
- Continuously seek to understand the business and the clients supported
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a development or operations role
- Relational databases
- Container environments (eg Docker or k8s)
- Continuous integration/deployment (eg Team City or Concourse)
- Familiarity with Excel
- Unix (or comparable variant)
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Problem solving
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.