DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Data Product team is responsible for the propagation of reference data across the firm. As a Reference Data Analyst, you’ll work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including technology, front office, operations, research, and risk management. You’ll perform a variety of critical work to manage and enhance the firm’s reference data capabilities, including data management, analysis and quality assurance. The role has a particular focus on collaboration with technologists and will be part of a larger data technology group.
What you’ll be working on:
- Providing critical path production support for the firm’s reference and valuation data products to various stakeholders across the firm.
- Investigation and promotion of new data sources to facilitate business growth and data product development, while reducing data operational risk.
- Collaborative specification of requirements for new software tools to support the firm’s reference data.
- Operation of bespoke data infrastructure as a super user.
- Intelligent adjudication of data discrepancies from multiple sources.
- Continual documentation of data infrastructure to facilitate firm-wide user access and discovery.
- Enhancing data product controls through shared development of team best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 plus years of experience in financial markets data in roles with responsibility for reference and valuation data.
- Previous experience interacting with technology teams, as well as front, middle and back office groups.
- Professional data experience with several of the following asset classes: futures, futures and index options, bonds, equities, foreign exchange, crypto assets, OTC derivatives. In-depth experience with at least 2 asset types.
- Strong demonstrated ability to independently to analyze problems, synthesize information and collaboratively implement solutions.
- Fluency with a Bloomberg terminal required.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.