Our European Equity division is looking for a highly productive Proprietary Trader to join the discretionary risk taking team. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and versatile risk-taking desk with a strong computational and technology platform to support your trading style. This role presents a unique opportunity to leverage a market leading low latency trading infrastructure for your execution, as well as being supported by a dedicated fundamental research team.
- Taking proprietary positions in Global Equity Vol markets
- Partnering with our Risk Management colleagues to ensure they understand all aspects of the trading strategies and associated analytics framework
- Ensuring Trading Management are kept up to date on your positions and rationale for taking specific risks
- Working with the Quant and Data teams to support an analytics and backtesting framework for your trades
- Monitoring and reporting on trade execution costs and market impact as an input to broker/dealer selection
- Quarterly presentation to trading management on strategy performance and go-forward planning
- Development of junior talent via the Quantitative Trading Analyst program
- Strong risk adjusted returns over multiple years and in diverse market conditions (Sharpe > 1.5)
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain your edge, analytical framework and risk management methodologies
- Capable to be independently profitable in global markets, without relying on Client flow
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional risk management during multiple volatile market situations
- Proven avoidance of left tail negative outcomes during your trading career
- Deep understanding of the products you trade and the how liquidity conditions impact on them
- Experience presenting your trading strategy framework to management, setting revenue budgets and periodically reporting mark to market
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.