DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
We are currently looking for a talented Accounts Payable professional to join our Accounting & Finance team in our Montreal office. This is a fixed term 18 month contract position.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Register invoices received by email, fax or regular post
- Match invoices against purchase orders in the eRequester purchasing system
- Coordinate with the purchasing team to resolve purchase order related issues and any outstanding questions
- Process invoices into accounting and /or through purchasing system
- Issue payments by cheque, wire, ACH
- Create new supplier records in MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting system
- Perform other tasks related to 5-day close of accounts payables cycle
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various accruals and other general journal entries as needed
- Perform complex allocations
- Utilize Concur (travel & expense system) to process expense reports
- Provide support and answer questions related to expense reports when needed
- Respond to various queries from other departments
- Prepare ad hoc reports
- File documents as needed
What’s needed in this role:
- Strong Accounting knowledge and Accounts Payable experience
- Previous experience working with MS Dynamics Great Plains strongly preferred
- Experience creating journal entries preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have high level of enthusiasm and initiative and strong follow through
- Proven ability to handle deadlines and pressure in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.