DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join a newly created team responsible for designing and developing tools and infrastructure used by Traders and Quantitative Researchers. In this role, you will be collaborating with people across the firm to provide cutting-edge technology solutions that expand our existing trading platform, all while promoting software engineering best practices. You will be presented with an opportunity to work on high profile projects that have an impact across the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day technology requirements of our proprietary trading systems.
- Accelerate trading and research analysis workflows by utilizing and expanding on DRW’s in-house infrastructure and improve productivity
- Evaluate new technologies and identify/deprecate legacy code to improve on the current technological stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, traders, and researchers to design custom frameworks or end-user solutions
- Write performance sensitive code and user-friendly APIs to facilitate access to our in-house data analysis infrastructure
- Lead design discussions and conduct code reviews to maintain high standards and quality of written code
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience building demanding, live systems in Python
- In-depth knowledge of Python and keeps up with current standards (3.6 onwards)
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Python ecosystem: third party libraries, packaging in-built Python libraries
- Knowledge of concurrent programming a major plus
- Solid understanding of data structures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of CI software, such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Familiarity with Linux
- Ability to mentor others and lead small projects
- Ability to work with tech staff and end users that are located globally
- Experience in the trading industry
- Knowledge with Anaconda
- Familiarity with the scientific python stack (pandas, numpy, scipy, TensorFlow)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.