DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is currently seeking a Risk Manager for our Singapore office. This position will report to the Director of Risk Management and will be responsible for a wide variety of duties which support the Risk Department’s mandate.
- Work with traders, senior management and risk management team to advance robust approaches to risk management, including defining, building and using the necessary tools
- Measure and monitor DRW trading activities, risk parameters and positions and ensure risk is commensurate with DRW risk policies and principles
- Work with senior management to interface with external entities (Clearing firms, Counterparties, Exchanges) on risk topics to ensure business continuity and development
- Actively research and stay current on market dynamics, risk factors and real world drivers of portfolio performance and risk
- Ensure proper control of both market risk and execution or operational risk. Escalate and report any risk related issues in a timely manner to DRW Risk Committee
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have common sense, confidence, sound judgment and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience managing trading risk as a portfolio manager, risk manager, product control or trading role
- Strong quantitative background and intuitive understanding of options pricing models and risk measures
- Experience specifying important measures and details for tools and reporting for risk or trading
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required; other software development (Python) experience a very strong plus; familiarity with Mathematica, R and other analytics packages a plus
- Experience with low latency execution and systematic quantitative strategies will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of risk controls across all asset classes as well as general understanding of derivatives products
- Knowledge of Asian local markets and products (desirable)
Required Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in relevant quantitative field desirable
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.