Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
As a Strategy and Execution Analyst, you’ll join a team of highly talented business development, traders, relationship managers and researchers in our Chicago office. You will be tasked with taking a data-driven approach to solving some of the most important challenges facing the business. Beyond just performing research and business analysis, you will make strategic recommendations, manage critical projects, and have a direct impact on the implementation of important business initiatives. You will routinely interface with a variety of stakeholders across the team and the larger firm, as well as with external counterparties. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a market leader in the cryptoasset trading ecosystem and benefit from professional development in a highly supportive and collaborative environment.
What you will do in this role:
- Gather and analyze information across multiple data sources in order to arrive at actionable recommendations for the business across many different lines of business, including trading and decentralized finance
- Form, communicate, and present data-driven recommendations to leadership
- Assist in the execution of business initiatives, driving projects to completion
- Develop and deliver targeted market research, fundamental analysis, and forward looking strategic plans
- Prepare valuation analysis for various market opportunities
- Act as the point person in charge of specific Cumberland projects
- Coordinate with engineering team to define, scope and prioritize new features of front and back office trading systems, including working with third-party technology platform vendors to evaluate API capabilities and technology infrastructure
What is needed for success in this role:
- Previous experience in trading/financial markets industry required
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- Outstanding initiative, sense of urgency, and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication abilities are essential
- Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple workstreams and prioritize effectively
- Knowledge of cryptoassets a plus
- Python programming skills with experience exploring large datasets is a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.