DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW - maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 1,400 employees across 14 offices globally, including locations in Montreal and Vancouver. We work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It's a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Software Developer, you will build advanced trading and risk applications leveraging cutting-edge technology. DRW enables our Software Developers to develop computationally intensive software under the guidance of senior technologists. While your days will have you immersed in complex projects directly driving DRW's progress, your time also will be packed with education, responsibility, challenges, problem-solving, excitement and fun.
How you will make an impact?
- Design, develop test, and deploy proprietary software development solutions across the firm. Examples include creating:
- Decoders to receive raw pack data from various exchanges and translate it into a more accessible form.
- Normalizers which take decoded data and build a book for each instrument traded on that exchange
- Applications to facilitate communication around executed trades to our compliance team
- Identify innovative solutions to complex problems and advocate for their implementation to your team by communicating your ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct robust research using a data driven approach to employ statistical analytics on large data sets
- Collaborate with other software developers, quantitative traders and researchers as well as business analysts in cross-functional team environments
What you bring to the team?
- Have a bachelor's, master's, or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, mathematics or any related science discipline.
- Has exposure to any of the following: AI/Machine learning, network programming (TCP/IP), multi-threaded applications, computational intelligence, algorithms, real-time programming or GUI programming
- Have strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
What DRW Has to offer you?
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.