As a Venture Capital Analyst Intern, you will collaborate with the investment team to research and uncover investment opportunities to enhance your investing acumen. The ideal candidate will have meaningful exposure to private company investing and a passion for quantitatively and qualitatively evaluating investment opportunities in the venture capital landscape. This internship will propel your career opportunities forward by giving you exposure and real responsibility to make an impact on a growing team. Prior interns have spent time supporting portfolio companies by assisting with financial models and pitch presentations while also researching new opportunities in FinTech. In addition to a summer of meaningful work, you’ll have plenty of time to explore the city with organized social events to make the most of your 10 weeks with us.
How you will make an impact…
- Underwrite and evaluate investments based risk and return fundamentals
- Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
- Prepare discounted cash flow analyses, competitive market analyses and development model analyses for current and pipeline opportunities
- Join meetings with current and pipeline company management teams and co-investors
- Assist in the preparation of pitch decks for pipeline opportunities and follow-on investments in current portfolio companies
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, or liberal arts graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Limitless curiosity about business models, competitive dynamics and innovation
- An interest in diving deep in more than one investment category, gaining exposure to companies across the financial technology landscape including cryptocurrency, trading platforms, data businesses and technology companies.
- Passion for high quality work and the ability to relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- An interest in pursuing personal and professional growth by learning new principles
- Excellent behavioral and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office — specifically PowerPoint and Excel
About your future team…
DRW Venture Capital is a private investor in financial and enterprise technology. Our team focuses on businesses that will benefit from our engagement beyond capital: as a client, as a liquidity provider, through our review of new products, and through our deep industry expertise. Our portfolio comprises 25 companies including ErisX, OpenFin, Cuebiq and TradingView.
- Meaningful projects: You’ll receive a challenging project to complete during your time here. Each project, advised by a software engineer, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to foster friendship and camaraderie.
- Housing: DRW provides fully furnished apartments located close to the office –making your morning commute as easy as possible.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
- Education: As technology continues to drive the trading industry forward, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. To prepare you for how technology will continue to impact trading’s future landscape, you will complete an options course framed from a developer’s standpoint to help you visualize how your technology solutions will be used in real time. As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges.