DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Strategy Analyst, you will be tasked with taking a data-driven approach to solving some of the most important challenges facing the business. Beyond just performing research and business analysis, you will make strategic recommendations and manage critical projects that have a direct impact on the implementation of important business initiatives. You will routinely interface with a variety of stakeholders across the firm. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a financial markets leader and you will benefit from professional development in a highly innovative and collaborative environment.
- Gather and analyze information across multiple data sources in order to arrive at actionable recommendations for the business across many different lines of business, including trading, decentralized finance and other investments
- Form, communicate and present data-driven recommendations to leadership
- Assist in the execution of business initiatives, driving projects to completion
- Develop and deliver targeted market research, fundamental analysis and forward-looking strategic plans
- Prepare valuation analysis for various investment opportunities
- Leverage DRW’s position as a major market participant and technology innovator to find compelling opportunities
- Work closely to shadow and support senior leadership of the firm in strategic initiatives
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical role in finance, fintech or consulting environment
- Outstanding initiative, sense of urgency, and entrepreneurship
- Strong analytical skills and communication abilities both written and verbally are essential
- Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple workstreams and prioritize effectively
- Previous exposure to valuation modeling (LBOs, liquidation waterfalls, cap tables, DCF, etc.)
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Strong passion for investing and evaluating investment opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or related area of study
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.