DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
One of our Trading Platform teams is looking for a passionate Trading System Technical Lead to develop new, and improve existing, trading systems for manual and automated trading. You will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
What you’ll be working on:
- Building and maintaining trading systems
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Implementing strategies of the quantitative research and trading teams
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing high-availability systems with tight latency constraints.
- Prior experience with or an interest in functional programming; experience with Clojure or other functional programming a plus.
- Background in microservice architecture and a strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Comfortable working “under the hood” while being quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, JVM) and troubleshooting.
- Experience with full life-cycle software development including platform evolution and production support.
- Experience working in the trading industry or another high-availability business that involves solving remarkably complex problems.
- Experience collaborating with Research teams and Quants.
- Solid understanding of futures, equities, and currency-pair pricing and trading.
- Strong understanding of web technologies (HTML 5/JS/CSS).
- Strong understanding of software development principles (FP design, TDD, etc).
- Ability to recognize business needs and prioritize requests while influencing and recommending technical solution.
- Passion for coaching and developing members of your team.
- Solid inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams.
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and passion for technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.