DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for skilled Senior Software Engineers for an algorithmic trading research group at our newly formed office located within Metro Vancouver in White Rock.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with Researchers and Traders to develop high performance algorithmic trading strategies from inception to production. Our research and development teams collaborate on idea generation and strategy development, while encouraging independent exploration and original approaches. The role will challenge your ability to design best in class solutions for high bandwidth applications as well as optimize key latency sensitive routines within the pipeline.
- Collaboratively designing, building and maintaining a low latency trading system
- Creating scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Implementing strategies of the quant research and trading teams
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a technical field – Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
- 5 – 8+ Years of software development experience, using C++ in production
- Strong current programming skills using modern C++14/17/20
- Mastery of software engineering principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Good understanding of hardware/software interaction and multi-threaded programming
- Experience with cmake, git, linux based C++ toolchain
- Python experience is a plus
- Financial experience is a plus
- Experience with Team City, JIRA and conda is an asset
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.