DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our NX team is looking for a passionate Senior Full Stack Developer with a focus on; alerting, monitoring, configuration and automation systems to support our global network development initiatives with an emphasis on networking and support needs. You will be part of a integral team working with cutting-edge technologies and tools to solve issues.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have a minimum of 7 years of relevant software development experience
- Have a strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have experience working with databases such as Microsoft SQL, InfluxDB, or PostgreSQL
- Have worked with some of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Ansible, Capistrano, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis or Docker
- Experience with storing, visualizing and monitoring time series data. Previous work with InfluxDB and the TICK stack considered an asset
- Have developed in a Linux based environment
- Have an interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing and implementing high value projects and products for our internal end-users
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Actively engage with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.